I still have some butternut squash from last year's garden and it's time to start thinking about this year's garden. So, time to make stuff with it. Here's a sauce that works great with any kind of pasta. I especially like it on tortellini and ravioli. I make those with butternut squash sometimes too, but I use someone else's recipe. I put a link to it below. Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Pasta
1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 cup cream. (can also use chicken or vegetable stock for different flavor, and to make non-dairy)
Water (enough for cooking pasta)
1 lb spaghetti, tortellini, or squash ravioli.
1. Preheat oven to 450F and oil baking sheet
2. Place butternut squash, chopped tomatoes and sliced onion on the baking sheet
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and thyme
4. Bake at 450F for 20 minutes
5. While the vegetables are baking, cook the pasta.
6. Once the vegetables are tender remove them from the oven and place in a blender, or into a bowl if you are using an immersion blender. Add cream (or stock) and blend until smooth. Add more if needed.
7. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix to coat
8. Serve with Parmesan cheese